Monday, March 20, 2006

A pain in my keester

I haven't got a lot to report, really. I started my new project at Pearson, which honestly I wasn't super excited about, but had managed to convince myself wouldn't be so bad once I got through the first few days of training. Unfortunately, I was wrong. We're already behind schedule, the prompts (a 'prompt' is, in layman's terms the question that is being asked of the student) are not written very well and the woman who was suppose to work the 2-10:30 shift with me has already quit. We need to hire over 100 scores in the next few days. Oh, and I think we're going to have mandatory overtime.

Jesus. Why did I volunteer to do this?

I promise to write a much more coherent exciting post in the next few days but right now I just want to go flop on my bed and listen to Exile in Guyville (have I mentioned how much I like my iPod lately?). I forgot how much I loved this album when I was 19, and now, that I'm a real adult with real ex-boyfriends and broken relationships to be bitter about, it's even more fun to listen to than when I was chasing after distant, game playing guitar players in Iowa City.

No comments: