Sunday, March 19, 2006

Mixed Results

I won't bother to wish anyone a happy late St. Patrick's Day, considering it was 2 days ago and you all have either forgotten about already, or didn't remember it in the first place. Besides, I'm not Irish, I'm Czech (in case you forgot). Saint Patrick's Day means nothing to my people. We drink copious amounts all the time, not just one day a year.

I've had a pounding headache all day every day since Tuesday afternoon. It sucks. I haven't been able to work out, read, or write my last grad essay at all. I'm starting to worry there's something really wrong. If doesn't go away by Tuesday or Wednesday I'm making a doctor's appointment.

The good news is I've already gone out for a second time with the very nice man I met on-line. This time, however, we had dinner and went to see Capote, so, in my book at least, it was definitely a date. I rarely encounter virtual strangers that, after talking with them for 2 hours over dinner, I feel like I could continue just sitting and chatting with them for another 2 or 3 hours. There were moments over the course of the evening where I was kind of alarmed by how much alike we are in some respects.

Anyway, it was nice. I was I lot more relaxed, as was he, so I think we both probably acted a lot more like ourselves, as opposed to ourselves on our Very Best Behavior. This is a good thing, because I can only pretend like I'm upbeat and perky for so long before I want to throw something at passerbys or curse and spit in public like I usually do.

It looks like we're going to go out again sometime soon, although Spring Break is over for him and my job at NCS starts on Monday, so it will be difficult to go out since I won't get off work until 10:30. I also made the executive decision that I'm not going to call (I contacted him last time about getting together for dinner a second time) or e-mail him, he's going to need to do that. I'm not into playing head games, but I really don't want to feel like I'm chasing him and there's no chasing back. I'll feel like a desperate stalker.




2 comments:

bwp said...

Awesome, Robin! I'm glad you've been having a good time. I'll just be cool about all this and not blow anything out of proportion. :-)

The Book Guy said...

HEY!! Where are the stories of this Ukranian "School From Hell"?