Thursday, March 09, 2006

Lazy

Look to the left side of your screen. Is that not the cutest picture of me ever? It was taken in Pervomaisk (that would be the town I served in while in Peace Corps) for my Russian visa. Actually, I feel kind of like a fraud putting it up: my hair isn't actually that blonde, nor are my eyes quite that blue. I feel like I'm lying. Maybe I should take it down and like put up a picture of me sitting around in my pjs. That would be more honest.

I slept in until 10:30 am. Good thing I don't have a job or life or anything. Okay, that's not fair. I do have a life. I read. I watch TV. I watch DVDs (damn you Ellen for suggesting I join Netflix). I surf the internet. I work out 4 or 5 times a week. Up until a few weeks ago I was working on grad school applications. In fact, come to think of it, up until a week ago I was pretty darn productive, what with working my temp job and writing essays or filling out applications. These last few days though, I've just been completely uninspired. I wonder why.

I've been playing with the idea of putting up an on-line personal ad. I'm not sure how serious I am about it, but I thought I'd throw the idea out and see what you all think. Is this a good idea? Is it safe? More importantly, should I use that wonderful picture to the left of this entry or a more honest one?

1 comment:

bwp said...

I think the online dating is probably safe, but I think you're worrying WAY TOO MUCH about the picture. Just submit whichever picture you like the most. No questions! My mom said that she knows several people who've been successfully matched online. I think the important thing is to be careful about answers you give to questions; focus on your interests, educational level, etc. Based on what I've been seing in the news, I think you're only in danger if you mention that you're 14 years old. ;-)