Monday, June 26, 2006

This weekend was a kind of mixed bag: I had a great time at the Aimee Mann show (her voice is as beautifully haunting and clear in concert as it is on any of her records, plus she's really sassy and she BOXES like me) on Friday, but Saturday and Sunday I ended up feeling like shit all day. I'm on this new medication and one of the inital side effects is naseau, headaches and mood swings. Poor Scientist, he had to put up with me being really grumpy and irritable all day (at least I warned him in advance).

Thankfully, I'm feeling a lot better today. I just went for a nice fast walk for about an hour and earlier today I read some more of One Hundred Years of Solitude, which is shaping up to be a great book. It's funny, I tried to read One Hundred about 3 years ago and it was super annoying; I couldn't keep any of the characters straight and it was impossible for me to actually concentrate on the plot. I ended up being really disappointed and dropping it after about 100 pages. Now, though, I'm having zero problems with it all. It's funny how people grow into books, isn't it?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey, i really like reading your blog. But you should post more often! bored at work with nothing to do..