Friday, June 02, 2006

Hooky

I've made the executive decision that today, after 2 days of migranes and stress at work, I'm taking the day off. I need it. Badly. Yesterday I felt so shitty I almost curled up under my desk at work and took a nap. No kidding.

In other, much more positive, news, I bought a bike yesterday. It's red. It rides like a dream. It's a Giant (that would be the brand name). Bikes certainly have changed since I was a kid with a pink ten speed Schwinn; this one has two different sets of gears, as well as a front brake and a back brake.

More importantly, though, I totally kicked the Scientist's ass when went for a ride last night. I think he thought he'd have to, like, slow down for me and stuff. Instead, he was the one huffing and puffing by the end of our ride, while I was only a little tired (okay, the hills by his place do suck a little). It felt good to get some solid outdoor exercise; I forgot how much I love late spring and early summer in Iowa.

No comments: