Monday, June 12, 2006

More waiting

It rained all weekend, damn it. Scientist and I didn't do squat. We watched Me, You and Everyone We Know which neither of us enjoyed. I love weird independent films, but I just got bored with this one. Then we watched Firefly which is the series the movie Serendipity is based on; I thought it was boring for the first 45 minutes, but then it got a lot better. Other than that we grilled, ate pancakes, and mourned the loss of a perfectly good weekend to shitty shitty weather. That and I tried not to get pissed about not hearing anything from U of Minnesota or U of Iowa.

The reason why I'm so irritated about not hearing anything from U of M/U of Iowa yet is not because of pure impatience. No, by not hearing anything from either school I can't move forward with any of my plans: I can't apartment hunt, look for a car, sign papers that will put me thousands of dollars in debt to the federal government, nothin'.... And furthermore, I find it both incredibly irresponsible and unprofessional that they haven't informed me of their decision yet; it's been almost 7 weeks for Christ's sakes!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Firefly! Although the scifi geek requires me to correct you. Serenity is based on Firefly. Serendipity is a romantic comedy starring John Cusack. :-)

rld said...

Yeah....what you said.