Thursday, January 26, 2006

A good day

I had a really good day yesterday, much to my surprise. I met with my PT, Leslie, who told me that as long as I continued to strengthen my back through the various exercises she'd given me to do, I would be able to run again. I know that probably wouldn't seem like a very big deal to a lot of people, but it's a huge deal to me. If I can start running again I can get back into shape and start feeling like I have completely regained control over my life, finally. It's about time; it's been 3 years since I last ran.

I also found out that the place I bought my computer from will fix it free of charge because when I bought this thing I had enough foresight to buy insurance for 4 years and not just 2 years like most people. Even if they wouldn't cover the price of a new battery (that's what I think is probably wrong with it) it still wouldn't have been the end of the world-- I would've ended up paying only $100 or so, which isn't the end of the world. But, a hundred bucks saved on fixing this is a hundred bucks I can spend on myself in Minneapolis when I go hang with JP and Rosa.

No comments: