Friday, January 20, 2006

Busy bee

I wonder if they play the music at this internet cafe super loud to get rid of people. It's ridiculous. I can't concentrate. I guess that means I should go home and study for the fucking GREs instead of sitting here and trying to get some work done.

This week has been insane and kind of stressful. There is no way I could prepare myself for my impending deposition, apply to graduate schools and work all at the same time. I guess my decision to wait until February to start working was actually a sound choice instead of me just being lazy. In fact, I have a feeling I've been better about getting stuff done than most of the other RPCVs from my group. That's just a guess though.

Lately I've had a craving to box. Maybe, secretly, I'm just looking for someone to beat the shit out of. There's a class that starts in a week or so that I could take if I really wanted to. Hmmm....

Never in a million years would I have thought that I'd learn how to box in Ukraine. God, I remember the look on my 8th graders' faces when I told them, I, their 5'2, female, American teacher, was learning how to box. That was a priceless moment.

Well, I should probably get started on studying and editing my essay. I can't wait until I'm done with all this!




No comments: