Monday, November 27, 2006

Back from St. Louis

I hope everyone had a fabulous, relaxing, work free Thanksgiving. I know I did. I didn't do shit. Actually, that's not true....

I pretty much met all of the Scientist's family--his aunts and uncles, grandma, and cousin's family. They all seemed very nice, although I didn't get a lot of time to talk to each of them individually. His grandma seemed especially sweet, and for 90 years old she seemed really really with it (who still does crosswords at 90--the only person I know who will still be doing crosswords at 90 is Jake).

On Saturday night Steve and I went out with two of his friends from high school, Ice Cream man and his girlfriend, Candle Girl to the Hill, an Italian neighborhood in St. Louis. Everyone had so much pasta and toasted ravioli (a St. Louis thing; afterwards, everytime I told anyone that I had never had toasted ravioli they all got these incredulous looks on their faces and said, "REALLY?") we could barely move and punked out early. We're all 32 and 30 respectively and we're already going to bed at 11 on a Saturday night during Thanksgiving break. Christ.

It was, in all, a really nice, fairly stress-free weekend. I still love St. Louis and would not mind moving there with Scientist next year, and I got to spend time with people he loves while not overdoing it. Hopefully Christmas will be the same, although I doubt I'll be able to go to STL because of my shitty minimum wage job. GRRRR.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I linked to your site from Jake's, but I will admit, people who haven't had toasted ravioli are missing out, and we St. Louisans will point this out to you. Next time you're in town, and looking for a sort of ridiculous good time, try O'Shea's in Dogtown. It's an old Irish bar that only semi-recently allowed the lady folk, but a friend and I wandered in for a Friday night piano bar good-time and had a blast drinking Bud Lights and dancing to old standards underneath twinkling Budweiser paraphanernalia.