Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Public Health Goddess

BIG NEWS!

I was accepted into the University of Iowa's Global Health program for spring 2007! YIPPEEE!!!

This is super great. Why? Because it means all of my hard work this semester has paid off. It means I finally got a department at the University of Iowa to acknowledge all the cool stuff I did in Ukraine. Hell, it means my Peace Corps experience is finally paying off-- a little.

It also means I'll get to take interesting classes next semester like 'Health Disparities and Cultural Competence' and, possibly, (if I get the professor to let me in dispite the class being closed) 'Global Health and Human Rights: War and Beyond'. Don't those classes sound COOL?

It also means that I'll be required to go overseas for my 'overseas experience' the summer of 2008. I don't know too much about the requirements thus far, but I've already got an idea for what I'd do there.

Just because I've been accepted here doesn't mean I'm necessarily going to stick around at Iowa to get my degree. See, Scientist graduates sometime this summer, and that means I'm going to apply to schools in the cities where he's looking for work, in the hopes that I get in and we can avoid being apart for a year or more while I finish my degree. By at least beginning my graduate studies now I can get some requirements out of the way and some of credits will transfer if we, in fact, move.

In the meantime, I'm going to bask in my happiness just a little bit longer. Oh, and I guess I should get crackin' on studying for my Epi and Biostats finals.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats!!!

bwp said...

Поздравляю, Робинчик!! Кто сомневался?

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, dude!