Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Two Pairs of Jeans

You'll have to forgive me if this entry is a little loopy. I had a really nasty nightmare last night that I was being tortured in someone's basement, and, as a result I was awake for three hours in the middle of the night. Why is it that even if I fall asleep after being in the middle of the night, I still wake up super tired?

Our trip to Chicago was great. I got some good relaxation time in, as well as having a dinner with Brian twice. On Friday we went for some very mediocre Ukrainian food in Ukrainian village, and then went for some beer afterwards. I forgot to warn Scientist that Ukrainian beer is about twice as strong as American beer, so he was staggering a bit at the end of the night.

Seeing Brian was great: I've been thinking about Ukraine a lot lately, so regailing Scientist with stories and speaking a little Russian, was nice. I wish Brian could come to Iowa City and see me in my element, now that I've seen him in his, but alas, grown-up things like work and school have kept that from happening thus far.

We also had a great culinary weekend as well. On Saturday night we went for Indian food at a place called Gaylord India (its downtownish, on Clark) and had some super spicy Indian food, which was a nice change from Iowa City, where, unless we have our Indian friends with us, no one believes that we, and more specifically me, can handle seriously spicy food. In fact, when we were ordering one of our friends said to the waiter, "These two can handle it spicy." I ended up getting what I asked for. Any spicer and it would've made me cry. Literally.

On Sunday I ended up buying not one but TWO pairs of Levi jeans. This is a major coup for me for several reasons: a) I'm 5'2 so finding jeans that fit and I don't have to have shortened is difficult, b) these jeans totally fit well and look super nice on my body, and c) I got two pairs for $70 bucks, which ain't bad if you refuse to get cheap jeans that fall apart in the wash and make your ass look huge like you would if you bought them at Walmart. Honestly, this alone brightened my entire weekend.

Tomorrow I probably won't be posting, seeing as how Scientist and I are heading to St. Louis for Turkey Day and won't have access to e-mail quite as often as I do at home. I hope you all have a wonderful day with people you love, relaxing and enjoying time off.

No comments: