Tuesday, August 22, 2006

First Day

Yesterday I completed my first full day as a real live (non-degree-seeking-for-this-semester- anyhow graduate student.

The class I had was Epidemiology I. For those of you not familiar with the term 'epidemiology', look it up. Just kidding. Seriously though, you should look up words you don't know. Didn't anyone ever teach you that? Epidemiology is the basically the study of the spread of disease and the causal factors or etiology of disease. God, I'm smart already. Can anyone say "Robin is totally going to get an A this semester? Hmm? Anyone? Anyone?

I don't think this class is going to be really awful or anything; in fact, I think it won't be bad at all if I go to class and do the reading. I even have a study buddy: my friend Ellen I. Some of you may remember her from years ago when I lived with her, way back when I was a bad ass Russian Studies undergraduate. She seemed to think it wouldn't be too bad either.

This morning I have Biostatistics, which is probably the class that's going to be a bear this semester, although, according to Ellen, it isn't nearly as bad as the College of Public Health likes to make it sound. We'll see.

2 comments:

bwp said...

Oddly enough, the first of those classes sounds to me like the more interesting one. Also, not everyone has immediate, unencumbered access to a dictionary. And not everyone has had the same "hands on" experience with epidemics and general illness as you. ;-)
P.S. We might have to actually have dinner sometime soon.

Kate said...

Hooray! Welcome to the ranks of graduate student. (btw, you may know me from such things as wondering how the hell Annie became cafe manager or for that matter...how did Rich become the boss?)