Sunday, August 06, 2006

20 Miles

That's how far Scientist and I rode yesterday. Isn't that cool? Aren't you impressed? I thought so.

It actually wasn't that bad. It would have been better, of course, had my bike not been twice as difficult to pedal because the cables are all stretched out. Apparently this happens after you get a bike; about a month after buying it you need to have the gears checked and the cables tightened (?) for some reason. I need to do this before classes begin in two weeks because a) I'm going to get super busy between taking 2 grad classes and work and b) in late October Scientist and I are going on a little trip.

We've been talking about this for several weeks, but now I think we've decided to actually bite the bullet and do it. See, this is no regular trip: we're going to be going on a 60 mile bike ride through central and southern Missouri over the course of two days. Apparently there's this trail, the Katy trail, to be exact, that is a part of a not-yet-completed mega trail that will connect bike trails across the country from California to the Northeast.

So, yesterday was a sort of dry run. We figured if we could do a fairly hilly 20 miles in one day we could do two flat thirty mile stretches over the course of two days. Hopefully both of our schedules will allow us to do so by the time fall rolls around.

2 comments:

bwp said...

This actually has nothing to do with your entry. I just thought you'd like to check out this site.

http://www.postersoncanvas.co.uk/index.php

I think, here, you can buy your "Evropa budyet svobodnoj" poster. :-)

bwp said...

I just noticed that the link to my site isn't quite right. It takes you somewhere else. I don't highly promote my site, but the actual address is:

http://neznajka-bwp.blogspot.com