Saturday, October 07, 2006

Homecoming

I've updated this blog 3 times in the last week. Good for me.

Today I'm going to my first Iowa football game. We're playing Purdue. We should, hopefully, kick their asses up and down the field.

Last night Scientist and I went downtown and saw Guster play a free concert. You gotta love Homecoming weekend--the University has shelled out big bucks before to get some pretty good bands play. They were opening for Kansas.

As a strange side note, I saw a girl last night that looked like a 20 lb lighter version of, G, a girl who served with me in Pervomaisk. She even had the same eye make-up (black and little smeared) and a short denim skirt that looked exactly like a skirt G use to wear. It was startling. It, of course, evoked another Peace Corps story from me.

Well, that's about it. Hope you guys have a great weekend. GO HAWKS!

P.S. Black & Gold are the University of Iowa's colors. Thus the multi-colored post

2 comments:

bwp said...

Guster. My roommate reintroduced them to me a few weeks ago, and I have to say I really like their stuff. So, I'm jealous. Apparently, Mr. Howell had put a couple of their songs on a mix mp3 disc for me while in Ukraine.

Glad you had fun at homecoming. How is G anyway?

rld said...

I haven't talked to G since I left Ukraine. I think Jen might still talk to her, but I'm not sure.

Guster was really good: I enjoyed them a lot more in concert than I did listening to their stuff on CD. They seem like really average guys. I'm glad Steve talked me into going.