Saturday, September 23, 2006

Prosecco

I really do have the best boyfriend in the world.

Last night, Scientist arrived home from work on his bike, sweaty and full of sweetness, and presented me with a bottle of Prosecco, one of my favorite alcoholic drinks in the world. He had, apparently, ridden half way across Iowa City to buy for me on my birthday (thus the sweatiness). Isn't that sweet?


We ended up having a pretty low key night-- we watched most of The Godfather II and ate some really kick ass Spinach Alfredo and Tomato pizza, along with drinking some Prosecco (unfortunatley it wasn't as awesome as the stuff Brian and I had in Italy). It was nice.

Tonight we'll have dinner at this great Spanish tapas place, Devotay, and then meet some people at a downtown bar. I need to make sure I take it easy on the Sangria so I can make for the long haul. I'll turn 30 at 12:31am Sunday morning. Oy.

More reflections on aging later.

No comments: