Saturday, February 18, 2006

Work

Yesterday was tolerable, surprisingly enough. Our team leader (I guess that's what you would call him) seems like a nice guy as do the rest of the people on my team. Of course, the project director is a woman I've referred to as "that stupid bitch" on more than one occasion in the past, so I wasn't super excited about working with her, but hopefully she'll disappear and not bother us over the next few weeks.

I wish CMU and Marquette would just hurry up already and decided whether or not I'm worthy of attending their fine institutions. Besides wanting to know because the suspense is killing me, I need to know so I can look for a job. By that I mean this: do I spend a few weeks looking for a job that I'll need to last me until August (when I would head to Milwaukee) or do I just stick with scoring essays until May? Unfortunately it looks like we won't have a lot of work until mid to late spring, when I would be heading to Pennsylvania, which means I may not be making the kind of money I hoped I would until a month before I left for Pittsburgh. This leaves me wondering if I should just suck it up and try not to spend too much money between the end of this project and the beginning of the next one in April or if I should look for something lame. Yet even more indecision. Will it ever end?

I can't wait for a time when I'm working at a job that I don't either hate or not really enjoy. I'm almost 30 years old and I can't honestly say I've ever had a job that I love. Peace Corps doesn't count. That wasn't a job, it was a life. I wonder how old I'll be before I work someplace where I enjoy the work and most of the people I work with. Does that ever happen to people or is it just their attitudes that make their jobs tolerable?

No comments: