Monday, January 26, 2009

Good things

Good news! I got a call for a second interview on Friday for the position I interviewed for a couple weeks ago. Unfortunately, I have to wait a week; my interview isn't until a week from Tuesday, but I'm feeling good about this. I'm trying not to get too excited, I mean, there is a possibility that I won't get this position. I still want to apply for another position that actually pays more, has more responsibility and will be a better "resume builder", but given the state of the economy and the fact I live in an area that is not so flush with great jobs I may just end up taking what I can get, you know? I hate settling, but I may have to do that and keep my eyes open. If I can get this position and get some experience with grant writing I will be in very good shape for the next place we move.

I really need to find a job--I'm starting to run out of things to do. I hate saying that because inevitably someone always says [insert stupid voice here], "I wish I was unemployed....I'd love to just lay around and stuff..." The problem is, rarely does unemployment accompany a windfall of money and/or the promise of a job (and therefore more money)in the immediate future. Don't get me wrong: Scientist has a good job and we're not hurting, but I hate feeling like I'm not contributing something financially. Plus, I'm bored. How much can one knit, read, cook, watch bad TV and play with one's cat?

No comments: