Monday, February 09, 2009

Cranky

Reasons why I'm pissed:

1. The economic stimulus package: I'm unemployed and, if/when the SP is passed, I will be (hopefully) working in a field that benefits enormously from it and is STILL PISSES ME OFF. What a huge waste of money.

2. Unemployment: I supposedly live in the city with the lowest unemployment rate in the country....So, where's my job, biatch?

3. Having to avoid the woman at Starbucks who, for no reason, scolded me for reading 'A Year of Living Biblically'. I see her all the time now, and, because I'm a nice person who was raised with manners (unlike SOME people), I feel like I need to say hello and exchange niceties with her.

4. My former adviser.

5. My mom hurt her back.

6. I'm about to be offered a job that pays crap. Seriously. Like, imagine what you might think would be normal for someone in my field with a Master's degree and experience, and then lower it. Lower. Lower. That's about right.

7. I'm ambivalent about children.

8. It's February.

9. Next month will be March.

10. I LIVE IN WEST VIRGINIA FOR GOD'S SAKES.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

robin! you DO make me laugh- mainly for "it's february" and "next month will be march"- i agree wholeheartedly. for some reason march, april, may always seem like loser months to me. . . also, i can just HEAR your rant over the lady at starbucks- it's always been stuff like that that set you off and make me laugh! hang in there! *poster of kitten hanging from tree branch*

rld said...

The Starbucks lady drives me crazy. She reminds me of Shelly, the HORRIBLE woman who used to come into B & N and ask me if my hair was fake and complain about me at the front after every time I waited on her.